Symbaloo for Maxthon Browser

When developers of extensions for Maxthon Browser try to upload something in Extensions Center, they very often see: "File system error, please try again". And again, and again... If you managed to upload the extension you can not be sure. File may be damaged. I lost two weeks because of this.


What Symbaloo is?

Symbaloo is online service to create visual collections of bookmarks. Bookmarks are grouped together by category, and you get opportunity to share your collections for your friends. For most users Symbaloo is just alternative to standard new tab. But with Symbaloo you can sync your data between different browsers and for some categories of users (lecturers and students) share function is very useful. There are Symbaloo expansion for almost all browsers. Exception: Maxthon and Opera. But for Opera you can use Download Chrome Extension and for Maxthon you... you can ask me.

Symbaloo for Maxthon Browser

There are two variants of Symbaloo expansion for Maxthon:
  • Symbaloo (Symbaloo instead of the standard Quick Access, website menu in toolbar, script for fast save of websites)
  • Symbaloo Light (standard Quick Access, Symbaloo is available by click on button in toolbar, script for fast save of website is available only in toolbar menu)
It looks like this:


Why two extensions, not one?

This is not first such extension for Maxthon. We already have russian TabsBook and TabsBook Light. Honestly, I have no idea how to give you ability to disable some expansion functionality. Therefore two extensions, not one.

At first I planned to make two complementary add-ons: add-on with new tab and add-on with script for saving. If you need only fast saving you use only one add-on. If you need new tab you use both extensions. So you have to use both extensions for full functionality. TabsBook's users did not like this idea. So I made two separate extensions.

How does it work?

It's simple:
  1. There is special page where you can save website in your Symbaloo collection. So I made script which automatically copies the address of the opened web site.
  2. I also added Profile, Preferences, Account settings, Support and About in toolbar menu. It's just links.
  3. Full version of Symbaloo change the standard Quick Access to Symbaloo. I used NewTabPlus for Maxthon as the basis for this. It's very popular extension for all browsers. But in Maxthon it works not as in other browsers. NTP's developer did a great job. Only thanks to him I can make my  expansion kind of TabsBook and Symbaloo. So go on NewTabPlus page and give him five stars!

A few words about languages...

Symbaloo website is translated into English, Dutch, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Catalan, Russian, Danish, Italian, Korean, Turkish, Polish and Swedish. First I translated extension menu in English and Russian and wrote for Symbaloo Team, they liked this idea. Then I fixed a couple of bugs, added Netherlandish, but Symbaloo developers stopped communicating with me. So I took a break.

I can add any number of languages in expansion. It's not so difficult. But it very boring. So if you need some language in extension, you can help me to add it. What I need:
English - Russian 
Add in Symbaloo  - Добавить в Symbaloo
My profile - Мой профиль
Preferences - Предпочтения
Account settings - Настройки аккаунта
Support  - Помощь
About - О нас

Share via AddThis or Shareaholic
Перевод на русский

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения